Whey Protein is the source of protein that comes from milk i.e. whey is the by-product created during the procedure of cow’s milk being turned into cheese. It is water soluble part of milk and is the highest quality protein available. Whey protein is digested quickly which results in a more rapid growth in plasma amino acids. It also stimulates muscle protein synthesis. Whey protein has high nutritional value and is superior to other forms of protein. This protein is mostly used by athletes and bodybuilders.
Benefits of Whey Protein:
• Whey protein contributes to attaining normal body weight i.e. it assists in weight loss.
• Increases metabolic rate of the body.
• Whey protein helps in gaining fat-free mass and muscle strength.
• According to International Dairy Journal, the drinks containing whey protein supplements significantly reduced the risk of heart disease in patients with hypertension.
• Consumption of whey protein post work out results in fast recovery from muscle fatigue.
• Whey protein controls sugar levels in the blood when taken with high-carb meals.